Monday, January 30, 2012

OMG!

ok I told you guys I would share any good tips I get along my journey...well I saw this in a WW recipe blog and I was a little nervous about trying it but hot damn! so awesome! Ok we all know carbs are delicious but they are a lot of WW points...however veggies are 0 points. So I'm part Italian so I LOVE pasta!!! And I was starting to go withdrawal and I'm sorry but a cup of noodles ain't gonna cut it. So I did the trick: Broccoli Slaw. Yes those super cheap bags of broccoli slaw taste just like pasta when sauteed in olive oil and served with sauce! My dinner would have been 15 points if I had pasta, sauce, cheese and olive oil. But since I used veggies, used reduced fat mozzarella, only a tbsp of EVOO and marinara sauce, my dinner was only 5 POINTS! Meaning I could eat a large portion and be completely satisfied and have enough points for a glass of wine :) And I'm completely serious when I say you do not miss the pasta. You get the noodle effect from the slaw. So awesome! I only sauteed my slaw for like five minutes. Totally going to try this for Thai food next! Happy cooking!

Always,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment